Any idea what the point of this schematic is in the DC section?

J

Johnnie Walker

This is from a PCB of a coffee maker. The DC portion is not connected anywhere. The motor that moves the gears to grab the coffee and move it to the steamer is connected to the AC side of the circuit. What is the point of the DC side(NPN transistor, Zener and 100 om resistor) Anyone?!

Unreplied Threads

Our Apple iPad Pro 11 (2024) battery life test is ready

• GSMArena.com - Latest articles
  • Android
  • Replies: 0

Our Apple iPad Pro 11 (2024) battery life test is ready​

gsmarena_001.jpg

Michail 20 May 2024

Apple’s new iPad Pro 11 (2024) is a big upgrade from its predecessor in just about every spec, including the battery department with a larger 31.29 Wh cell. We just completed our battery test and the new iPad Pro 11" earned an Active use score of 12 hours and 37 minutes.

gsmarena_000.jpg

Breaking down the numbers by category, the 11” OLED iPad Pro managed 37 hours and 2 minutes of talk time, which is respectable compared to the other tabs we’ve tested, though certainly not what the iPad will be used for.

Apple promised up to 10 hours of web surfing and video playback and the new iPad Pro 11 delivered, with 9 hours and 53 minutes result in our web browsing test and 15 hours and 43 minutes of streaming video playback. The latter is exceptional even compared to much larger devices like the Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra.

gsmarena_002.jpg

The new tandem OLED display and Apple M4 chip built on TSMC’s second-generation 3nm process are the likely culprits to these impressive endurance scores. Apple’s behind-the-scenes optimizations are also contributors to the impressive battery test results. The gaming endurance is equally impressive at 8 hours and 12 minutes which is competitive with Android tablets in the 13-14” range.

That's all we have for now, we're pacing through the rest of our review tests and will bring you our detailed review in a few days. Stay tuned!

Related articles
Total reader comments: 1

ADVERTISEMENT

Время выполнения функций

Вот, я создал constexpr функцию. Как точно определить, выполнится она во время компиляции или в runtime?

Plants near bonsai

• Cristian R
  • Social
Few weeks after using a fertiliser, couple of plants started to grow near the tree. Can someone recognise what kind of plants they are? Should I remove them?

Thanks enter image description here

Oak sapling in pot is not branching

• Thomas Vandeputte
  • Social
I moved a small oak sapling to an indoor pot last year and intend to keep it as a bonsai project, the tree seems generally healthy and had one growth this season allready (it didnt lose all its leaves in winter though) (as you can see in the picture). I allready repotted it from a smaller container once and removed some of the roots and the main root when doing that (in hindsight I am not sure that was the best thing to do).

I am wondering if i can do something to make it branch out, as the tree is currently just growing vertically. Any care tips are also very welcome!

Thanks a lot, Thomas

the oak is currently about 35cm ((14inch) and is on a southwest facing windowsill

Bug in reputation league ranking

While checking the lower end of the reputation league on Worldbuilding, I think I have found a bug in the ranked positions:

enter image description here

I would expect a 400 to come after 399.

This is the link to the reputation league page

Questions about chatGPT code

I see that using chatGPT to provide content for ANSWERS on Stack Exchange is strictly forbidden. But what about using its provided code as the basis of a QUESTION?

Here's a productivity-enhancing path that seems to me sensible: in whatever world I am entering, get chatGPT to generate a simple "Hello world" example, complete with config files as needed. Then expand upon the example to build what I need, dealing with errors as they arise. But are all questions that arise out of this path to be excluded from this forum, because chatGPT provided the “hello world” code? If so, it seems to me throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

How long does the Data Explorer Refresh take for each database?

Each Sunday at 03:00 UTC the Stack Exchange Data Explorer gets refreshed. It takes 6 to 8 hours to refresh all 350+ databases that hold the Posts, Votes, History etc for the Main and Meta sites.

I was wondering if we can know how long each database takes so I don't have to wait till 11:00 UTC if I'm not interested in all databases.

What are the start and end times of the restore for each database and how much time did that restore took?