Check if viewer node is on or off

Unreplied Threads

Why is (point-min) much more popular than 1?

I searched accross all Emacs Lisp files in Emacs Git repo, and found (goto-char (point-min)) occurs 3621 times and (goto-char 1) occurs 31 times. Personally, I see lots of (point-min) but none 1, even in many cases, it's 100% sure that the region is not narrowed. So here is my question: is (point-min) still preferred than 1 even in un-narrowed buffer?

I guess 1 is faster than (point-min), no mater how slight it is, because 1 is constant while (point-min) is a function call. Besides, 1 is much shorter than (point-min), 1 character v.s. 11 characters.

Scripting: Animating Bones Using X,Y Data from CSV File

• jsnbrown2305
  • Technology
  • Replies: 0
I'm pretty new to this and I'm working on a project where I need to animate bones in Blender using real life positional data from a CSV file. The CSV file contains X and Y coordinates for hundreds of frames for the Head, Centre of Mass, and Tail positions of a fish. I currently have the armature parented to the mesh with 3 connected bones, one for each set of coordinates. My idea was that each bone could be moved to its coordinate and deform the fish mesh. The coordinates have been imported without issue, but I am having trouble with translation and orientation of the armature. I can get the first bone to match the coordinate but struggling after that. I've included a messy script that has got me the closest so far with the cylinder, cube, and cone representing the proper coordinate for the head, centre, and tail. If anyone can identify what I'm doing wrong or offer a simpler way of doing this that would be much appreciated!

enter image description here

how to have surface deform ignore masks on character mesh?

I have character libraries that include a complete character mesh in addition to cloths that use Surface Deform -- instead of armature parenting -- that give less distortion (character mesh showing through cloths in some poses).

Now I'd like to reduce vertex groups of the character that are covered by cloths -- I'm hoping that will boost rendering performance. True?

But if I use a Mask on these groups/areas of the character (driven by clothing enabled for render),

I have an error where the SD modifier on the clothing complains that not all vertices (especially those under the clothing!) are not available for dynamic SD modeling.

So I need the complete character mesh to be available for modeling on each frame, but want to supply less vertices to the render_engine.

I suppose I could have an invisible, duplicate character (skin) mesh (decimated) that I could use for the SD, but this seems to mostly defeat reducing the load into rendering.

What might a cognoscenti answer?

How to know if you've caught a pokemon in the catching screen in Pokemon Go

• PianoCat98
  • Social
How do I know if I've caught the Pokemon I just tapped on in the catching screen?

Is it the little icon above the CP that says the Type?

Can the hemoglobin be fed something besides iron to make blood a different color?

• Nightmare
  • Social
A bit of context here. A species of Fairies in my world have silver-colored blood, and while researching for that, I learned that hemoglobins essentially require blood to be red because they need iron to form. Is there anything else that could theoretically replace iron's role in the (human) bloodstream, or something that could be added alongside to change the color despite the iron? I mostly want to know so I can get realistic bloodstain colors and see if there would be any side effects

How to deal with the deterministic $y$ in the d-dimensional gaussian model

• 11house
  • Finance
Suppose that under the risk-neutral measure $\mathbf{Q}$ we have an HJM framework dynamics for the instantaneous forward rate $$df_{t,T} = \left(\ldots\right) dt + {}^t \sigma_f (t,T) d W^{Q}_t$$ where $\sigma_f \in\mathbf{R}^d$ is deterministic and where $W^{\mathbf{Q}} \in\mathbf{R}^d$ is a Brownian Motion.

If we suppose that $\sigma_f$ is separable, that is, that you can write $$\sigma_f (t,T) = g(t) h(T)$$ for $g$ a $d\times d$ deterministic matrix function and $h$ a $d$-dimensional deterministic vector function, you can develop a whole theory. Namely, if you set $$H(t) = diag (h(t))$$ and $$\chi (t) = - H'(t) H(t)^1$$ (assuming differentiability and invertibility) you can show that $r_t = f_{0,t} + x_{1,t} + \ldots x_{d,t}$ where the $x_i$ are the coefficient of $d$-dimensional random vector $x_t$ satysfying the following SDE : $$ dx_t = (y(t)\mathbf{1} - \chi(t) x_t) dt + {}^t \sigma_x (t) dW^{\mathbf{Q}}_t$$ with $x_0 = 0$ where $\mathbf{1}$ is the $d$-dimensional vector with all coefficients equal to $1$, $\sigma_x (t) \equiv g(t) h(t)$ and where $y(t)$ is a $d\times d$ deterministic matrix equal to $$H(t) \left( \int_0^t {}^t g(s) g(s) \right) H(t).$$

One can also show that $y(t)$ satisfies the following ODE : $$y'(t) = H(t) {}^t g(t) g(t) H(t) - \chi (t) y(t) - y(t) \chi(t)$$ with $y(0) = 0$.

Now if we want to simulate $x$ at a time discretization $0 = t_0 < t_1 < \ldots < t_d$ one can tactically take advantage of the fact that $x_{t_{i+1}}$ is, conditionally to $x_{t_i}$, a gaussian vector with computable mean and variance, namely : $$(E)\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\;\mathbf{E}^{\mathbf{Q}}\left[ x_{t_{i+1}} \left| x_{t_i} \right.\right] = e^{-\int_{t_i}^{t_{i+1}} \chi (u)du} x_{t_i} + \int_{t_i}^{t_{i+1}} e^{-\int_s^{t_{i+1}} \chi (u)du} y(s) \mathbf{1} ds.$$

and write that $$x_{t_{i+1}} = e^{-\int_{t_i}^{t_{i+1}} \chi (u)du} x_{t_i} + \int_{t_i}^{t_{i+1}} e^{-\int_s^{t_{i+1}} \chi (u)du} y(s) \mathbf{1} ds + \sqrt{\mathbf{Var}^{\mathbf{Q}}\left[ x_{t_{i+1}} \left| x_{t_i} \right.\right]} Z_i$$ where $\sqrt{\mathbf{Var}^{\mathbf{Q}}\left[ x_{t_{i+1}} \left| x_{t_i} \right.\right]}$ is a square-root of the variance matrix (Cholesky for instance) and $Z_1,\ldots,Z_d$ a sequence of independent and identically distributed standard $d$-dimensional gaussian vectors.

Fine. So we need to treat numerically the integral $$\int_{t_i}^{t_{i+1}} e^{-\int_s^{t_{i+1}} \chi (u)du} y(s) \mathbf{1} ds$$ from equation (E).

How do we do that under the hypothesis that all deterministic functions are piecewise constant on the given discretization ? Do we explicitely compute $y(s)$ on $[t_i, t_{i+1}]$ from $y$'s explicit formula or do we use the ODE satisfied by $y$ and if so, how ? Or do we simply say that $$\int_{t_i}^{t_{i+1}} e^{-\int_s^{t_{i+1}} \chi (u)du} y(s) \mathbf{1} ds \simeq (t_{i+1} - t_i) e^{-\int_{t_i}^{t_{i+1}} \chi (u)du} y(t_i) \mathbf{1}$$ and calculate recursively the $y(t_i)$'s from a discretized version of the ODE satisfied by $y$ ?

Software to recover corrupted mp4 videos

• Alessandro Celeghin
  • Technology
I have some collections of old films, downloaded with torrent, half of them seems corrupted because when I try to open one of them (with vlc or mediaplayer) it starts but I can't navigate it and the image seems broken. Because films are some GB I am searching an offline tool but I can try also online if it works