iPhone 17 Slim to have a smaller screen than the iPhone 15 Plus and iPhone 16 Plus

G

GSMArena.com - Latest articles

iPhone 17 Slim to have a smaller screen than the iPhone 15 Plus and iPhone 16 Plus​

Vlad 07 May 2024

A few hours ago a rumor told us the successor to Apple's iPhone 16 Plus would be called iPhone 17 Slim instead. Given the new name, we assumed it would be thinnest member of the iPhone 17 family, though that in itself doesn't really feel like it warrants such a big change.

If, however, you combine this with the fact that its screen will be smaller than that of both the currently available iPhone 15 Plus as well as the upcoming iPhone 16 Plus, then it might start to make more sense. Now a usually reliable source, Ross Young from Display Supply Chain Consultants, has put a precise number to the diagonal.

gsmarena_001.jpg

According to him, the iPhone 17 Slim's display will measure exactly 6.55 inches diagonally. Young has thus added more accuracy to the previous report by analyst Jeff Pu, who simply labeled it as "6.6 inches".

Now, the iPhone 15 Plus features a 6.7-inch screen, and its immediate successor should keep that. On the other hand, the Pro Max is growing to 6.9", so we can't help but assume Apple would like those who want the biggest-screened iPhone to have to splurge for the Pro Max instead of picking the much cheaper Plus. And soon you won't have a choice, if the rumors pan out about the iPhone 16 Pro Max growing to 6.9" and the iPhone 17 Pro Max sticking with that size while the iPhone 17 Slim goes smaller.

Of course, regardless of how reliable a source usually is, do keep in mind that we're about 18 months away from the launch of the iPhone 17 family at the moment, which means a lot - almost everything, in fact - can change from now until then even if this is accurate.

Source

Related articles
Total reader comments: 0

ADVERTISEMENT

Unreplied Threads

SharePoint Online search text inside documents

Can SharePoint online be configured to search inside the actual files of a document library? For examples, word documents, excel files, PDF files (with searchable text), and html files.

I've come across many articles that explain how this can be achieved using on-prem SharePoint, but have yet to come across any regarding SharePoint online.

In this Overview of search documentation it only mentions that sites columns and values are added to the search index. It doesn't mention whether the actual content inside the documents are searchable.

Convert images to paint-like styles

We are looking to convert such as this one to paint-like styles, similar to those listed here. Is there a tool to achieve this?

Is it possible to find r in terms of the other variables? [migrated]

I've never posted before and I'm sorry if this kind of question isn't suited to this forum.

In the image I've attached, I'm wondering if it's possible to find the length r in terms of the lengths a and b, and angles α and β.

This is for a 3D scanner I'm building.

3D Scanner Geometry Problem

Thank you!

Continuity of the set of critical points of a Morse function when the function varies

Let me first give the result I am looking for, then what I found up to now and some related questions.

Definition/Notation. Denote $Y_k(f)$ the set of critical values $x$ of $f$ such that the index of $\operatorname{Hess}_x(f)$ is equal to $k$. Denote $W^{k,2}$ the Sobolev space with $L^2$ derivatives up to order $k$.

Objective. Let $f\in C^2([0,1]^d)$ be a Morse function and $(f_n)_n$ be a sequence of functions in $C^2([0,1]^d)$ such that $f_n \to f$ with respect to the $W^{2,2}$-topology. Do we have $Y_k(f_n) \to Y_k(f)$ ?

Related literature. On page 5 of this reference, there is this paragraph:

Notice that it follows that the number of critical points is a locally constant function. Also, as we vary $f$ in a small neighborhood the critical points vary continuously and Hessians at the critical point also vary continuously. Since the index is a discrete invariant of the Hessian, it is a locally constant function on the set of non-degenerate quadratic forms. Thus, for all Morse functions sufficiently close to $f$ we have a one-to-one correspondence of critical points preserving the indices.

Considering the context of this quote, I think that the last sentence means: the functional $Y_k$ is continuous from $C_0^\infty(M;R)$ equipped with the Whitney $C^\infty$-topology.

Related questions.

1. The above argument "the critical points vary continuously" does not seem trivial to me. At least, it does not seem to use the fact that the functions are Morse which is, as far as I understood, essential. Could you give me more insight about this argument ?
  2. The subscript $0$ in $C_0^\infty(M;R)$ means that $f$ has no critical points on the boundary $\partial M$ and that $f$ is locally constant on $\partial M$. Does the continuity result still holds if we replace $C_0^\infty(M;R)$ by $C^\infty(M;R)$ ?
  3. I expect that the continuity result still holds if we replace the $C^\infty$-topology by the $C^2$-topology. In other words, it would answer my objective at the cost of replacing the $W^{2,2}$-topology by the $C^2$-topology. Is my expectation correct ? Do you know a reference ?
  4. Finally, do you think that my objective holds true ? I expect it to be false in general because the $W^{2,2}$-topology does not give a control of the index of the Hessian but I may be losing something.

Thank you very much in advance for your comment or answer.

Degrees path for AI and ML Research (eventually) – Math vs. Computer Science?

I hope this is the right place for my question; I've been searching online and hit a bit of a roadblock, so I thought I'd seek some help.

I'm in my late 20s, and I've got a chance to start fresh from an unfulfilling career path, beginning with a bachelor's degree. It's a unique situation, but I'm grateful for the opportunity and fully committed because I believe I've found my true calling.

My passion for AI and machine learning has grown significantly, and I eventually want to pursue a Ph.D. in that field. Now, here's the dilemma: I'm torn between starting with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics or Computer Science. The deep mathematical roots of ML make me worry that a CS degree might not provide enough groundwork in the math and theory necessary for advanced research.

Living in Europe, I can't major and minor like in some educational systems (at least where I live); it's an either-or situation here.

I know one can fill in knowledge gaps through self-study, but I believe starting from the right place will be a massive confidence booster for me.

Thanks a bunch; any help is greatly appreciated!

what is the main secret of mental fitness is it yoga & meditation or other?

• Around me
  • Social
  • Replies: 0
I am looking for the solution for my mental illness, like depression and overthinking of thinking about all different things.

Sawtooth wave Fourier coefficients

• Elena Martini
  • Technology
  • Replies: 0
enter image description here I have to calculate the Fourier coefficients of this signal. I found that signal equation is $$ y = \frac {A(2t-T)}{T} $$

To find Fourier coefficients I wrote

$$ x_k = \frac{2A}{T} \int_{0}^{T/2} \frac{2t-T}{T} e^{-i2 \pi k f_0’ t } $$

In this case $$ f_0’ = f_0 $$ because the period is T_0

I calculate the integration by parts of the first integral and I obtained $$ - \frac{-e^{-i \pi k }( i \pi k ) +1 - e^{-i \pi k }}{4 (\pi k f_0 )^ 2} $$

( i control This with wolfram and should be correct, I hope !)

After solving the integral by parts I obtained that

$$ x_k = \frac{A( e^{-i \pi k} + 1 - \pi i k )} { (\pi k )^2} $$ but the result should be $$ \frac{iA}{k \pi} $$

I can also post all my resolution. Can someone help me ? Thank you